These FAQ's are for general information only and is not a substitute for independent professional advice. It can assist you initially in understanding what services we can provide, however, we strongly recommend discussing your particular needs with us in order to make effective, personalized decisions about your IP situation and plan of action.
To initiate contact with us, please fill in the Contact Us Form.
- Do you charge for the initial meeting or conversation, and how do I discretely inform you about my invention?
- Is Disclosure going to risk my patent?
- How can we be sure that our sensitive information will remain safe with you?
- Do you work with other law or patent firms, or with our existing inside or outside council?
- What are your rates?
- How do you handle conflicts of interest?
- What technology areas do you handle?
- Is my invention patentable?
- Which locations do you service?
- Where do I start?
- How long does it take you to draft a patent?
Patent Knowledge Base Questions
- What different types of Intellectual property are there, and what do they protect?
- What’s a patent all about?
- What is the legal status of a patent?
- At what point can I claim my invention is "Patent Pending"?
- When is Patent protection needed?
- Can someone get around my patent by making a simple change to my invention?
- Do you recommend filing Provisional Applications?
- Must I do a patent or prior art search?
- Can I perform a search by myself?
- Why should I use Patenting Solutions and not a law firm?
- Should I have a Professional Patent Search done before filing a Provisional Patent Application (PPA)?
- Should I have a Professional Patent Search done before filing a Full, Utility Patent Application?
- What searches can you provide?
- Is there such a thing as an International patent?
- Do you guarantee that we will be granted a patent?
- Do I need to prepare my own drawings?